Hi! Welcome back to my blog.
We’re going to do something different today. Since we’ve already practiced so
many different steps, I think we’re ready to put these together in a combination
or a little dance.
You’ll see a list of the steps if you scroll down. After that there is a video from
livestrong.com. You will have to click on the link to go to youtube so you can
see Emily Larew from the Ann Carroll School of Dance as she demonstrates the
Here’s a list of the movements for you to practice:
1. First, stand in the middle of the room in first position.
2. Do a demi-plie and then another demi-plie. Straighten your knees between each demi-plie.
3. Now, releve up to the balls of your feet. Come down again with a tiny bend of the knees.
4. Now do a “port de bras” (play the video below to see how the arms should look).
5. Tendu to second position and then do two demi-plies again.
6. To finish the movement you will close your feet in fifth position with your right foot in front.
Now – the video. I think it will help you understand the steps. You may need to
look at the video a few times before you can do the dance all by yourself.
Miss Emily is really beautiful and a very good dancer, isn’t she? I hope I can be
like her when I grow up!
Here is a picture for you to color after you practice the dance. Click on the link
below and ask your mom or dad to print out the picture for you. Don’t forget
to say “please” and “thank you”.
See you next week. In the meantime, please sign up to receive my blog in your
email inbox (maybe your mom’s or dad’s inbox). All you have to do is fill out
the subscription form on the right hand side of this post at the top.